Teaching Assistant - Clarendon Academy
Reference Number: CD08
To start as soon as possible to support a physically impaired student
Pay: Scale D, Point 14 – 17 dependent on experience
(£9.16 - £9.68 per hour)
Usual working weeks: 39 weeks; Usual hours of work: 30 hours per week
This is a term time only position
Clarendon Academy is seeking to recruit a Teaching Assistant for a physically impaired female student to start as soon as possible. The role involves support in class, supporting transitions around school, physio and personal care support.
Clarendon Academy is an exciting place to work. We are a thriving co-educational 11-18 comprehensive academy within the Acorn Education Trust. Working within the Trust provides support and career opportunities for progression. We are based in the large town of Trowbridge, in easy commuter distance from Bath. We pride ourselves on being a centre of excellence and a place where young, enthusiastic children enter in Year 7 and leave us at the end of Year 13 as fully rounded young adults.
We would like to hear from you if you:
- Have experience in supporting identified students with physical impairment ensuring their needs are met and they experience full inclusion;
- Have excellent communication skills to be able to liaise between school and home;
- Are prepared to support the student in their transition in the mornings and at the end of the school day;
- Can work effectively under the direction of the SENDCo in accordance with all school policies;
- Are willing to support class teachers with other students with SEND needs.
For more information please visit our website http://www.clarendonacademy.com/vacancies or contact Angie Snelling, PA to Headteacher, Clarendon Academy, Frome Road, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 0DJ. Tel: 01225 762686- E-mail: email@example.com
Closing date: Monday, 25th February 2019
Interviews: w/beg Monday, 4th March 2019
Clarendon Academy, as part of the Acorn Education Trust, is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful in obtaining this post you will be subject to a Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and health screening. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Salary: £9.16 - £9.68 per hour - dependent on experience
Closing date for applications: 25 February 2019, 12.00pm
Interview Date: 4 March 2019