Head of Business, ICT and Vocational Learning
Reference Number: KD27
Kingdown School are seeking to appoint a dynamic and ambitious middle leader with a passion for teaching and learning to lead this excellent department from Septermber 2019. This role would suit an established teacher looking for promotion.
The school offers a wide range of vocational and traditional courses at Key Stage 4 and 5 and the department continues to achieve very strong results for a large number of students within the school. Subjects within the department remain some of the most popular options and are highly regarded by students.
We would like to hear from you if you feel you can lead this large and diverse department on to greater successes. We are looking for someone who has the passion to enable all our students to reach their full potential and who has:
• The ability to teach A Level Business Studies;
• The drive, vision and ambition to achieve excellence for all our students;
• A passion to provide the best possible teaching and learning;
• Proven leadership qualities and the ability to challenge, inspire and motivate colleagues;
• A proven record as an imaginative, innovative, resourceful and decisive leader;
• An understanding of the current educational climate;
• A desire to work within a Multi Academy Trust structure.
For the successful candidate we can offer:
• enthusiastic, friendly and hardworking students with excellent attitudes to learning;
• a caring and supportive community environment;
• a commitment to health and wellbeing of staff;
• a commitment to professional development;
• the opportunity to work effectively with other schools as part of a multi-academy trust.
We strongly encourage prospective candidates to visit our school to experience our friendly school community first-hand. Please contact Rebecca Krzyzosiak (PA to Headteacher) for an appointment - by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone 01985 215551.
To apply please complete the TES application form and send via the “apply” button on the TES website and write a letter of application (no more than 2 sides of A4) outlining your philosophy of education and how your career to date has lead you to apply for this role and send by email to email@example.com .
Kingdown School and the Acorn Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Services) check will be required for the successful candidate. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Salary: MPS/UPS (£23,720 - £39,406) with TLR2B
Closing date for applications: 29 April 2019, 12.00pm
Interview Date: 3 May 2019